Disclaimer

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Author Interview: GABRIELLA BRADLEY


Author Interview by A.J. Llewellyn

1. Hi Gabby, thanks so much for stopping by the Divas’ den. I just want to start by saying how much I love your work and how happy I am to see you active again after quite a long break. You have a big hit right now with your book Seducing Serena, the first in a series with Bonnie Rose Leigh and your own From the Ashes released last week. What have you been doing all this time and what can we expect to see next?

Hi AJ, thanks so much for the interview and your compliments about my work. I’m never ‘inactive’ but have had so much interference of late that I have a tough time finishing any projects I’ve started, and believe me, I have a ton more in the works.

Seducing Serena was fun to write with Bonnie Rose Leigh. Unfortunately, due to a severe illness, Bonnie will be away for a while so I don’t know when the second book will come out. Seducing Serena was a best seller at eXtasy Books and at Fictionwise.

I have started working on the 4th book in the Minharian Chronicles called Impact Horizon. These are not stand alone books but need to be read in sequence. If readers have not bought the first two books, they won’t have a clue what’s going on. I’m having a lot of fun with book 4 and hope to finish it quite soon. I don’t know when it will be released though.

2.
You have Sasquatch in From the Ashes which is intriguing to me. Please tell me about your fascination with them. Do you find them sexy creatures?

I got tired of the usual shapeshifters and wanted to do something different. The Sasquatch has always been a mysterious creature and no real evidence has ever been found of their existence. The stories about so-called sightings have always fascinated me, as all things mysterious and paranormal, sci-fi, etc., do.


I saw a documentary about the Sasquatch on TV and started thinking about it. What if the Sasquatch had shapeshifting abilities and could revert to human form at any time? What if the Sasquatch was really a creature from another planet? That’s how my first book in the Minharian chronicles, The Seventh Portal, was born. Of course I gave the Sasquatch some interesting body parts, as in two cocks...

3.
I always say two cocks are better than one! Ahem! From the Ashes is the long-awaited sequel to The Seventh Portal as you mentioned, and your lovers Cain and Anke certainly seem star-crossed. What do you plan next for them?

In Impact Horizon the Minharians need to warn Earth’s dignitaries of pending disaster. An alien race plans to invade Earth and destroy the planet. Meanwhile, the Minharian have acquired other shapeshifting abilities. This book will have some humorous moments, that’s for sure. I can’t really tell you without giving the story away, but I’m grinning as I’m saying this.

4.
Your book Metamorphis, which came out at Christmas has a bit of M/M in it…is this new genre for you going to be one you tackle again in the future?

Metamorphis was a fun little story to write. No, I’m not about to venture into the M/M genre, even though Metamorphis has some M/M elements. It becomes a ménage a trois, though the two main characters, two men, were lovers and remain lovers. Again, I can’t say too much without giving the story line away.

5.
What is the most unusual source of inspiration you’ve ever had for a story?

I would say the Sasquatch story line. I don’t know where this whole series will go. With book 4 in the making, who knows what kind of trouble the Minharians find themselves in at the end of this one, leading to a 5th…

6.
It says on your website your favorite music is Abba. Is this true? Do you play Abba as you write and what are your favorite Abba songs?

I love Abba, and one of my old time favorites is Elvis, his mellow songs. Favorite Elvis song is It’s Now or Never. Favorite Abba song is I Have a Dream.

7.
I think these songs were written for you, Gabby. You are a strong woman and a creator of myth and magic! Let me ask you, of all the stories you’ve written, which do you love the most and why?

I think Christmas Child is my favorite as it was my very first full length book ever written. (by hand) Although it’s not overloaded with sex, it sold quite well and had some great reviews.

8.
I know you are an avid Trekkie. Which series do you like best and who are your favorite characters?

Captain Janeway. I think that’s how it’s spelled? LOL I like all the Star Trek series, but Voyager is definitely my favorite, probably because Captain Janeway is a strong woman and I like her as an actress.

9.
Have you seen Torchwood? I believe it’s the best show on TV and I think has Gabriella Bradley stamped all over it.

No, I’ve been trying desperately to find it here, but haven’t been able to. I haven’t seen it on TV as I don’t watch a lot of TV. I’d really like to get my hands on the DVD.

10.
I will send you my copy! Now for a couple off the wall questions: what trait do you most deplore in yourself…and others?

Now that’s a LOADED question, roflmao...I think I’d best pass on answering this one. It could get me into a heap of trouble.


11. Gabby, you wimped out one me! Okay then, which person living do you most admire?

Barrack Obama. I am so glad he made it to the White House. Though I’m not Canadian, I was rooting for him all the way.


On behalf of Dark Diva Reviews, I'd like to thank Gabriella Bradley for stopping by today. Even though Abba songs are now stuck in my head!
To learn more about this awesome author, please check out her links:

http://www.gabriellabradley.com/
gabriellabradley@gmail.com
http://www.extasybooks.com/

0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay