Disclaimer

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Interviewing Shiela Stewart

With us today is Shiela Stewart.











1) Tell us a little about yourself?
I’ve been happily married to the same wonderful man for twenty two years and together we have three wonderful children. I was born to write but aside from that, I love to create in any form, be it, knitting, crocheting, drawing or painting. I am a lover of animals which is evident in the five cats, one dog, six fish and three turtles I own.

2) Do you prefer Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper?
I am definitely a Pepsi lover all the way.

3) What’s your favorite book/Author other than yourself?
Anything by Nora Roberts/JD Robb or JR Wards, Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Currently I am reading Nora Roberts Sign of Seven trilogy: Blood Brothers.

4) What’s your favorite movie?
I don’t really have one favourite. I love anything scary. Christine, House on Haunted Hill, that sort of thing. But I must admit I am quite addicted to The Pirates Of the Caribbean. Normally I’m not big into pirates, but after seeing the first movie, I was hooked. And who wouldn’t be with two hotties like, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom

5) What inspires you?
My children and husband. They inspire me to want to be a better person for them.

6) What are your aspiration?
To be as successful at my job as I can. And to better myself at my Job as a writer.

7) What made you want to be a writer?
I was born to be a writer. As far back as I can remember I have made up stories. My nickname in school was “Dreamer” because I spent so much time daydreaming about stories.

8) What do you write?
I write an eclectic array of Romance. Paranormal Contemporary, Suspense to name a few.

9) How long did It take before you where published?
Oh, years. I started out in 2000, submitting my many stories to publishers. And I received plenty of rejections. But that was before I knew what I was doing. I had no idea how to submit a novel until I started doing research on line.
Though I was discouraged at times, I plugged on. My first book, Kidnapped, was picked up by Linden Bay Romance in October of 2005.

10) What writer do you most look up too?
Nora Roberts. He has an uncanny ability to tell a story and make the reader feel like she knows the characters personally.

11) What are you working on now?
Right now I am working on editing a Paranormal series, as well as a Vampire tale.
To check out the Paranormal series, simply go to my website, click on books, and from there, click on Spiritual Calling and Spiritual Entanglement.
Here’s a teaser of the Vampire story.
Seducing the Darkness:
An outcast by her kind, Trinity Ford has learned how to live on her own. And it isn't easy doing so, considering she is a Vampire.
Once a fragile girl, taken by a powerful vampire prince, Trinity had relied on Basil for support. But finding him in the arms of another woman was more than she could take. On her own, she has decided to protect her city from the predators of her kind that prey on the innocent. Another tough thing to do when you're heart is broken. She's had to learn fast, how to be tough, how to survive. And she's doing a pretty damn good job of it. Until Basil walks back into her life.
He hasn't been able to forget her. It's hard to forget the one person you love more than life. But the curse he is under prevents him from being faithful. Long before Trinity came into his life, Basil did something that would forever mar him. He made a deal with the Vampire Goddess, Rajana, to entomb his father so he could take over reigning as King. Once, that was all Basil had wanted. But now he knows he wants more.
Rumors in the underworld talk of raising the vampire King. Basil knows that if his father rises, he will be put to death for his betrayal. Trinity knows that if the King returns, no human would ever be safe again. But can the two work together to stop the Ritual before the King is resurrected?
They still both want each other, and when they are together, their passion explodes with devastating consequences for both. They will have to put their differences aside though, and save mankind from the true evil that is about to rise.
And learn that love is never as easy as letting yourself fall.

12) What do you have coming out?
Currently I have Discovery in Passion out for release. It’s book one in the Passion series.
On January 15th, Books two: Escape in passion will be released.
Here’s a little teaser from all three books in the Passion series.

Discovery in Passion:
Nothing is ordinary in the small town of Passion, especially the love.
Welcome to small town Passion
A place of secrets, spirits and suspense
And Discover a love with no boundaries
Wanting to start fresh, Cassie Evans relocates to the small town of Passion where she moves into the home of her dreams, complete with dreamy next door neighbor, artist, and handyman Thomas Healy. The only problem is, the house she bought just might be haunted.

Thomas Healy lives a life of solitude and that suits him just fine. Then Cassie Evans moves in next door and begins to turn his peaceful live upside down. He tries to ignore her, but ignoring a woman as beautiful as Cassie isn’t so easy, especially when she shows up at your door, naked, begging for you to paint her. Thomas’ first mistake was to agree to it, his second was to take Cassie to bed, now she’s all he can think about.

When their blossoming love is overshadowed by a ghostly haunting, the curious Cassie launches an investigation into the life and death of her home’s previous owner, uncovering a mystery and attracting the attention of a killer. Where will Cassie’s discovery lead her, to the love of her life or to death itself? Welcome to the town of Passion.

Escape in Passion:
Escape to small town Passion
Where Love, Lust and Lies run rampant
And the Romance will carry you away
Mercy in Passion:
Begging for Mercy in Passion isn’t always easy
When hearts have been broken
But when a life is threatened
Can all be forgiven?

13) What do you have available?
Currently, I have three Novels available.
Kidnapped, which is a contemporary is available in both ebook and print.

Secrets of the Dead which is a paranormal, is available in both ebook and print.

Discovery in Passion: Book , a Paranormal, is available in ebook format, soon to be in print.

To view all my work, including free stories, you can go to my website at: www.shielasbooks.ca

Thank you for sharing with us.
Thank you Jade, for the wonderful interview.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay