Disclaimer

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Interviewing Phyllis Campbell

Today we are interviewing Phyllis Campbell.


1) Tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a full time wife / mother / grandmother, and a full time employee for the state of Utah. I also try to write full time. I’ve been an avid reader of romance since 1986, and I’ve been writing for approximately ten years. I’ve been published with several small electronic / print publishers, and in the last three years, I’ve had fifteen books published.

2) Do you prefer Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper?
COKE!! To me there’s nothing else to drink. If I can’t have Coke, I’ll drink water.

3) What’s your favorite book/Author other than yourself?
Kathleen E Woodiwiss will always be my favorite author. Her story, A Rose In Winter is the first romance I read, and it hooked me on historicals.

4) What’s your favorite movie?
Oh heavens, I have so many. Although, I think Phantom Of The Opera with Gerard Butler will always be my favorite.

5) What inspires you?
A lot of things inspire me. A dream. Playing the ‘what if’ game. Having writer’s block. And when I read a terrible story that was just published by the big NY publishers, that’s what really inspires me. LOL

6) What are your aspirations?
I want to be published with a big NY publisher. I want my books to automatically go to bookstores without me having to call them first and bug them. I want to be able to write to my heart’s content and make enough money so I can quit my day job. Then I could stay home and write. What a dream!

7) What made you want to be a writer?
Watching a bad movie. I’ve always had movie-like dreams, but I never thought anything would come of it. One night I watched a good romantic movie…but it ended terribly! That night I had a dream. When I awoke, I wondered if I could turn it into a story. Wouldn’t you know…six weeks later, I had a story. The cool thing about that was, I had plenty more ideas for other stories as soon as that first one ended. My creative mind hasn’t slowed down yet. LOL

8) What do you write?
Historicals are my favorite genre, but I write contemporary, too. I’m actually working on a historical paranormal…my first paranormal, by the way. I’m excited to let editors see it.

9) How long did It take before you where published?
When I first decided I wanted to write seriously (yes, I wrote for fun for five years), I found a mentor who helped me. Then I joined online critique groups, and I took off from there. About two years later, I started querying. After two years of being rejected, I decided to look at the smaller electronic presses. That’s when I found my publishers.

10) What writer do you most look up too?
There are so many. I don’t think I could name them. I have my favorite writers, and the authors who I actually learned something from…and then I have those authors who are my critique partners who’ll I’ll cherish forever.

11) What are you working on now?
Night Secrets. That’s my historical paranormal. Hero shifts into a wolf when he gets those ‘lustful’ feelings. Poor guy was cursed by a witch. Heroine is trying to find answers to her father’s murder, and the hero was the last person who talked with her father. There’s a few subplots to this story, and a huge mystery to who the witch is…

12) What do you have coming out?
December 21, 2007, my first romantic suspense, Danger In Her Arms will be released with The Wild Rose Press. I’m excited to see how well this story goes. I totally love the cover, too. I love couple covers…and the hunk in this one is gorgeous!

13) What do you have available?
Oh, I have a few books available…
Pretend I’m Yours - Colonial
Always, My Love – Victorian-set
Vows Of Deception – Victorian-set
Her Knight Of Seduction- Victorian-set
Holding Out For A Hero – Historical Western
Queen Of Hearts – Historical Western
Ten Ways To Melt A Man’s Heart – Romantic Comedy
It Must Have Been The Mistletoe – Contemporary (in the Christmas Anthology, Mistletoe Magic)
Crazy Cupid – Contemporary (in the Valentine’s Day Anthology, Stupid Cupid)

Thank you for sharing with us.
Thank you for inviting me to share!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay