Disclaimer

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Interviewing Kelley Heckart

1) Tell us a little about yourself?
People are often surprised when I tell them I played bass guitar in an all-female hard rock/metal band in the early 90's. Life is not so wild now. I live in Arizona with my husband and two dogs. I spend most of my time at the computer, but when I pry myself away from it I like to go hiking.

2) Do you prefer Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper?
None of the above. I drink Ginger Ale.

3) What’s your favorite book/Author other than yourself?
My favorite book right now is Confessions of a Pagan Nun and my favorite author is Morgan Llewelyn

4) What’s your favorite movie?
I love so many different movies, but my all time favorite is Braveheart. Even though it strays from the true history of William Wallace, it has all the elements of a great story.

5) What inspires you?
Music is a huge inspiration for me. I listen to everything from hard rock/metal to Celtic music.

6) What are your aspiration?
Right now my goal is to finish a series and finish a trilogy I started. That should take me into next year and beyond. I want to write as many books as I can.

7) What made you want to be a writer?
My first choice was music, but health problems steered me away from that and writing was great therapy for me. I have always been a writer with my songs and lyrics so writing short stories seemed like a natural next step for me. From there, I decided to tackle novels. Now I love the freedom I have to create characters and different worlds.

8) What do you write?
I write Historical Celtic fantasy romances.
9
) How long did It take before you where published?
I have short stories that are still unpublished, but I was surprised that a publisher accepted my first novel right away. I think it was the second publisher I submitted it to.

10) What writer do you most look up too?
I have to say Ann Rice. Her first novel, Interview with the Vampire, really changed how we look at vampires. She was the first one that I can think of who made us see them as other than vile creatures.

11) What are you working on now?
I am working on a prequel to my first series, which is set in ancient Greece and Turkey (Anatolia) and tells another story of the Titans and the Olympian gods. I did a lot of research for this one. The other project I am working on is a trilogy set in sixth century Scotland.

12) What do you have coming out?
Ravenwolf and White Rose of Avalon just came out. Ravenwolf is a sequel to Of Water and Dragons and White Rose of Avalon is a new, sensual twist on the King Arthur legend.

13) What do you have available?
Of Water and Dragons, Ravenwolf and White Rose of Avalon are available now.

Thank you for sharing with us.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay