Disclaimer

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Interviewing Dana Littlejohn

1) Tell us a little about yourself? There’s a loaded question. LOL Well, I’ve worked as a teacher and as a phlebotomist in my life. I write whenever I am sitting. I usually write on paper than transfer to my computer during the editing stage because it helps me catch my own mistakes better. I like to have a glass of wine and listen to men singing love songs while I write. It makes me feel like they are serenading me and strokes ideas in my mind.

2) Do you prefer Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper? I like Pepsi.

3) What’s your favorite book/Author other than yourself? I do! I absolutely love Bertrice Small. I have everything she’s written and have read them all at least 3 times.

4) What’s your favorite movie? My all time favorite is Beauty and the Beast…and all the Zorro movies are a close second.

5) What inspires you? Hmm, that’s a tough question. Many things inspire me. I can’t narrow it down to one thing.

6) What are your aspirations? I’d liked to break into the print world. It would be nice to see my books on the shelves at Barnes and Noble.

7) What made you want to be a writer? I have always wanted to write. I can’t remember not wanting to write.

8) What do you write? I write romance. I have written under several different sub-genres, fantasy, time travel, paranormal (ghosts and vampires) and contemporary.

9) How long did It take before you where published? I sent out my first book in 2005 and was published in late 2006.

10) What writer do you most look up too? I would have to say Zane. It is said that she self published her first book and sold it off of her own website and in less than 2 years she became a million dollar author because someone picked up her book. If it could happen to her it can happen to me.

11) What are you working on now? I am doing a story about a young Scottish man whose family is killed over greed and envy. A fairy gives him the power of a nocturnal being to avenge his family and he gets a second chance at love.

12) What do you have coming out? I have an urban love story about love on the other side of the tracks called, Lover and the Firefly; a winter romance called Hot Chocolate on a cold day; a paranormal ghost story about destined love called Cajun Magic; The rest of the Dioni Chronicles will be released one by one.

13) What do you have available? Book I of the Dioni Chronicles, Mikhail’s Hunt, The Sanctified Wife, The House, The Yin/Yang Effect and Behind the Wings.
Thank you for sharing with us.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay