Disclaimer

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Author Interview: REMMY DUCHENE

Author Interview by A.J. Llewellyn


1. Hi Remmy and welcome to the Dark Divas’ den! I know you are a prolific author under several different names, but Remmy’s M/M fiction seems to be doing very well. You have a new contract with Phaze and I know you released a short, Saddle Up N Ride last month. Your website is under construction so I have no idea what is coming out soon, but I read Caribbean Heat and enjoyed it. Please tell me what we can expect from Remmy in the near future?Thanks for having me! I’m glad you enjoyed Caribbean Heat. Erm, well, right now I am in works with another M/M author on a full length novel – nearing completion. It’s Interracial, murder mystery and erotic. Not sure if I can say more about it yet but we are hoping to have it released late this year. I am in the process of re-editing my novella titled Redemption about a sexy ex con rancher (who was convicted for a crime he didn’t commit.) and a baseball player. And I’m researching a novel idea I have titled Black Gold (The titles tend to come to me first lol). It is going to be about a sexy rancher, a secret agent and oil. So my Remmy plate is full. I’m writing longer stuff now because people often times tell me they love my work but they are too short.


2. Where does Remmy Duchene live and how does he pump out so many books? I know you were at college when I first met you. Are you still studying or have you graduated?I live in the cold white north, Canada. And yes, I am still in university, a year left (Thank heavens). I pump out so many books because I don’t sleep lol. But seriously, I rotate my writing projects – hence the reason why I only tackled shorts.


3. Do you have a day job and if so can you tell me a little about your writing routine?
Yes right now I work as a lifeguard at a recreation centre. I don’t have a routine for writing. I steal time when I can get it here or there. I spend about two hours a nights trying to write, promote, do interviews, websites, Facebooks…man there isn’t enough hours in the day!

4. What genres of books do you personally enjoy reading and who are some of your favorite authors?I am what you call a nerd. I read almost anything that I can get my hands on. I draw the line at most of the latest fads in reading. I am into genre of action adventure, science fiction, romance/erotica (of course lol), magic/fantasy, murder myster…I love reading stuff by John Simpson, Nora Roberts, Dan Brown, Carol Shields, Margaret Attwood, Catherine Coulter, Elizabeth Lowell—and the list goes on and on.


5. You have a lot of different yahoo groups and author sites going – Romance Erotica Connection, Red Eclipse Writers, The Peeping Hole and more…how do you manage everything and do you find that yahoo groups are beneficial for promo?
Lots of wonderful friends and hours swearing at the computer Lol. I have author friends who have my back when I decided to create something. They help me moderate, co-own and all that good stuff so I don’t have to do it all myself. It is a little beneficial for promotion but they shouldn’t be used as the only way to promote.

6. What words or phrases do you most overuse?
I use “Oi Vey” a lot or “Brotha is fine!”

7. LOL! I love it! What is your favorite dirty word?
*giggles* hrm…my favorite dirty word…”fuck.” Lol admit it, you knew that one was coming!


8. That’s my fave word too! Ahem…what qualities do you look for in a man in fiction and in real life?


He has to have a brain – Intelligence above all else and a sense of humor. It may sound cliché but I love a good laugh and if he is smart and don’t take everything overly serious, we’re off to a great start!


9. What is your greatest fear?
Bears lol. No seriously, I’d have to say my greatest fear is heights.


10. What is the worst piece of advice anybody ever gave you about writing?
“Stop using Jamaican dialect in your writing.” Now that defeats the purpose of writing Jamaican characters. That seriously STEAMED me.

On Behalf of Dark Diva Reviews, I’d like to thank the talented and sexy Remmy Duchenefor stopping by and flirting with me…er…I mean chatting with me today. To learn more about his exotic works of fiction, please check out his links:

http://remmyduchene.webs.com
http://remmyduchene.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/remmyduchene
and I am on facebook!



0 comments:

LinkWithin

BlogPlay