Disclaimer

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Interviewing Larion Wills

1) Tell us a little about yourself?
Not much to tell; I’m a home engineer (that sounds more exciting than housewife) wife, mother, grandmother and writer. I live in a rural area with my nearest neighbors 2 acres away. I occupy what free time I have reading and watching tv. The rest is taken up with writing and promoting, the things all home engineers have to do, and taking courses in American Sign Language tossed in. I have a severe hearing handicap although sometimes I question what practical use sign language is going to be for me, especially when I have to stop what I’m doing to go to class.

2) Do you prefer Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper?
I’m a Pepsi addict. I did have to go to de-caffeinated though. When I’m out I live dangerously and have my second favorite, the full, caffeine loaded Dr. Pepper.

3) What’s your favorite book/Author other than yourself?
I don’t have just one, and who I read depends on my mood when I go through the stacks of books I have around. I’m sucker for picking up books and buy them much faster than I can read them.

4) What’s your favorite movie?
This makes me sound terribly moody, but the same applies to movies as my reading. I’ve got videos, dvds, and all the movie channels to pick from if I get in the mood to sit still.

5) What inspires you?
Anything, everything, people, places, even things can start a story off in my head.

6) What are your aspiration?
Just to keep on writing and to get all the things I have written into reading order in the computer. That ought to take me about the rest of my life.

7) What made you want to be a writer?
I suppose it was the nagging stories that keep running through my head. Putting them down on paper seems to be about the only way I can get them to leave me alone.

8) What do you write?
Ha, well, about the same as I read, a variety of things, assuming you mean genres that is. Everything from five hundred years ago to years in the future, mystery, suspense, romance.

9) How long did It take before you where published?
Once I stubbornly applied myself to the process, took a few lumps, and did some serious editing about one and a half years. I consider myself very fortunate.

10) What writer do you most look up too?
We all look up to the success’ don’t we, but you know I admire the ones who aren’t too, but keep on trying.

11) What are you working on now?
Editing primarily. Yeah, it can get boring, but it has to be done.

12) What do you have coming out?
I have two in the chutes; Thirteen Souls and Mark of the Sire both are coming out before the end of the year.

13) What do you have available?
I have three available; The Knowing, Looking Glass Portal and Mourning Meadow. Fantasy, science fiction and a contemporary romance to give you an idea of what I mean by variety. To make it easy, I’ll just give my website addy. All the info on where they can be found along with excerpts, blurbs and cover picture are there. http://www.larriane.com
Or you can go to my publishers site; http://www.swimmingkangaroo.com

Thank you for sharing with us.
You’re welcome and thank you.

1 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

what a wonderful interview, with a truly great author

LinkWithin

BlogPlay